Trans brake control

Discussion in 'ecu-GN Tech Help' started by Vsicks86, May 6, 2019.

1. Vsicks86

Vsicks86 Member

Has anyone used the trans brake control feature? Is the output pin that is used power or ground ? Trying to figure out how to wire in the solid state relay that I'm using.
    Thanks

Last edited: May 8, 2019
  2. EricM

EricM Administrator Staff Member

I don't know of anyone using it yet. The output pins are ground. High Current Out 3 would be ok to use.

3. Zachary Gibbs

Zachary Gibbs Member

After speaking with eric and waiting on some new solid state relays i should have 2 step, bump, and trans brake wired by wed or Thursdays And ill give a update.

4. Vsicks86

Vsicks86 Member

Just got mine working tonight thanks to Eric's support. Works great

5. Zachary Gibbs

Zachary Gibbs Member

Im not getting a high current out 3 (negative)
    Have the aldl 3 grounded to my trans button. Launch & trans brake set to dig switch 3 transbrake out set to high current out 3. Nothing comes out of the high current 3(negative) when i hit the button.

6. Vsicks86

Vsicks86 Member

Do you have the car running? Only works running

7. Zachary Gibbs

Zachary Gibbs Member

8. Vsicks86

Vsicks86 Member

You can test it in one of the test screens

9. Vsicks86

Vsicks86 Member

I/0 test mode or something like that

10. Zachary Gibbs

Zachary Gibbs Member

Just try running still nothing out. Something isnt right

11. Zachary Gibbs

Zachary Gibbs Member

Maybe my aldl doesn't work. Ill order the pins for 18 on the 22 connector

12. Vsicks86

Vsicks86 Member

I thought it was pin 2. Should be white with black stripe wire

13. Zachary Gibbs

Zachary Gibbs Member

Second from right on top. I thought it was grey with black line but im prolly blind.

14. Zachary Gibbs

Zachary Gibbs Member

I tested the aldl wire at the ecu White/ black line. has ground signal when you hit the button. went to test mode and tested high current 3 out. it send ground signal out. ecu set to digital switch 3 on launch, transbrake set to same as launch. tranbrake output set to high current out 3. ecu isn't send the signal when I hit the button out threw the high current ou 3t. is there something that needs turned on.. I am running coil on plug. im missing something and it prolly right in front of my face.

15. Zachary Gibbs

Zachary Gibbs Member

Yes.
    Also have aftermarket shifter so. So gear selector isnt accurate. Dont know if that has something to do with it
    im horrible with wiring.

16. Zachary Gibbs

Zachary Gibbs Member

Made a temporary connection to 18 on the 22 pin switched to dig switch out 2 Bam. It works. So i have a problem with dig switch 3 moving ground to high current out 3 when button is hit

17. EricM

EricM Administrator Staff Member

Here's one example of how it could be wired. If you can't get the ALDL input working for some reason. I can test the ECU if necessary to see if I get the same result.

TRANSBRAKE.png

18. Zachary Gibbs

Zachary Gibbs Member

Vsicks86 Can you tell me how you are wired i have been working on this foe 10 plus hours straight. Biut to say the hell with it

19. Vsicks86

Vsicks86 Member

I wired mine exactly as Eric pictured above

20. Vsicks86

Vsicks86 Member

Did you pull the plugs out of the computer and confirm your aldl wire is going to the correct location?