Restart

Discussion in 'SD and SD2 Chip Support for Buicks' started by typetmkp, Jul 31, 2019.

1. typetmkp

typetmkp Active Member

Made a Bunch of changes to car and would like to make a fresh start if I load default file and load it that will reset everything in the tune page including ve and afr tables?
    Eric, Do you have a "base tune" you could send for a new combo? Just looking for a good starting point after all the weird issues I have had BLM and tune page are so off from were they started starting over is probably best. Thanks

2. EricM

EricM Administrator Staff Member

Yes reloading the default base tune should overwrite everything, except the BLM table parameters. Those are reset if you set param 16 to 1.
    There are no other base tunes for the SD2 setup.

3. typetmkp

typetmkp Active Member

Tuning for E85 only at this point, BST_Alc, Spk_alc, ETH_C tables can or should all be zero then correct?

4. EricM

You can leave the ETH_C table alone, but zero out the Bst_alc and Spk_alc tables.

5. typetmkp

typetmkp Active Member

Thank you. I did some driving last night after resetting everything, (works much better with proper functioning ecm and powerlogger) I am still getting 1-2deg kr when I get into accel hard around 15psi and then it cleans up. I will send a log today for you to look at. Some areas still need work on the ve table but I can work through that. If I could get some input on the kr issue I would appreciate it. Thanks.

6. typetmkp

typetmkp Active Member

here is the log, getting kr 13-16psi rang thoughts. thanks

Attached Files:

7. EricM

The knock looks like noise to me, not actual knock.

However, your MAP signal is not right which will cause you to chase your tail on the tune. Normal idle KPA is around 30-50 depending on cam and rpm. If you are driving and you let off the gas, the KPA should drop low for a bit, like 25-30 or so. Your car is idling up around 80 at times. Either the MAP sensor is wrong, or there is a leak in the hose, or maybe a bad ground to the MAP sensor.

Here is a snippet of your car idling:
    idlemap.png

8. typetmkp

typetmkp Active Member

Been working through checking systems and had bad wb sensor, small vacuum leak ect. things seem to be coming along however, i am seeing some minor kr still which you thought was noise and i might agree but when looking at attached logs in #5&6 area in data table you can see when in mid/heavy throttle closed loop turns off and it is targeting for afrs in the 12.4 13+ range, why is this? i added fuel in the ve table there because it was going 13.5's.+ actual afr. if you see anything else let me know, i know some fine tuning is still needed to table under light tps just tring to see what its going to do with a bit of boost. thanks.

Attached Files: