Question on E85 chip

Discussion in 'All Topics, Chips, and Tech for Buicks' started by tbwis87, Jul 21, 2019.

1. tbwis87

tbwis87 Member

I have a TT chip setup for E85 and 80lb injector. I have a question on fuel adjustment, Parameter 1 and 2.
    My chip was setup so paramete 2 is set for alternate fuels meaning it adjust overall fuel = idle to WOT.
    My question is which parameter is in control for WOT, if parameter 1 controls WOT overall, all gears and #2 is idle thru WOT. So if I want to decrease fuel at WOT do I need to adjust param 1 and param #2 or do both params decrease at WOT or does #1 have conrol over #2

Hope this make scene

2. EricM

EricM Administrator Staff Member

Which exact chip do you have? Your signature says a 5.7 chip. Those don't adjust from idle to WOT. Is that what you have?

3. tbwis87

tbwis87 Member

My bad - It is a 5.6 Number 4859. 80# street E85
    When I purchased the chip you modified parm #2 and called it "fuel Factor" for alternate fuels. This was to be used so I could limp it 93 if I could not get the e85.

4. EricM

Ok got it. If you only want to adjust fuel for WOT (when boost is over 10-12psi) then you would only adjust param #1.

5. tbwis87

tbwis87 Member

So does Param#1 overrule param #2 at WOT or does param #2 just adjust below the 10 - 12 psi

6. EricM

#1 is only for WOT, #2 affects fuel everywhere including WOT. They are both active at the same time.
    For example if you added 10% to #1, only WOT fuel would get 10% richer.
    Then if you added 10% to #2, everything from idle to WOT would get 10% richer, but #1 is still added on, so WOT would actually be 20% richer.
    Does that make sense?

7. tbwis87

tbwis87 Member

That make perfect sense - this helps to know the 2 params work together and helps with tuning. Would I benefit from moving to the 6.1 chip. I have a AEM WB and also powerlogger. At some point in the near future I might upgrade the turbo to a TA49 or TE44