Powerlogger down.

Discussion in 'Powerlogger for Buick' started by typetmkp, Jul 9, 2019.

1. typetmkp

typetmkp Member

Replaced ECM 1 about 2 weeks ago, ECM 1 had issues with erratic coolant readings. Replaced ECM1 with used one from a buddy, ecm2. Ecm2 already had modified drivers for 120's I am running.
    Parked car after going to show. Couple days later attempt to start car would not.
    Plugged in computer to check and tables ve, afr and some parameters set to zero.
    Attempted to load last tune I was working on same thing.
    Loaded tune from start up ( long time ago) and car started. Adjusted parameters to match tune that was previously in car before issue. Saved tune and turned off computer. About 2hrs later attempted to start and nothing same thing as above.
    Attached laptop to check tune again and laptop would not connect.
    Checked
    - ECM fuse, good
    -chip, powerlogger, ECM connections. Good.
    -powerlogger laptop version, good.
    -Swapped ECM no change.
    -Disconnected power logger and installed old chip 60 lb gas/alky chip. Car started ( ran terrible due to chip not even close to car build now)
    Looking for answers here, I'm sure sd2 chip lost all tune info again that is why it will not run. But I can't Change anything due to laptop not being able to connect.
    - bad chip?
    - bad powerlogger?
    -bad cable/ laptop or software?

2. EricM

EricM Administrator Staff Member

If the parameters are being lost, my first guess would be something with the powerlogger, which is where the parameters are saved. Which parameters are at zero, the ones on the BLM grid, or on the tune page?

3. typetmkp

typetmkp Member

Both, also "x,y" axis numbers on grid were all goofy? Reading weird numbers 3000, 0000, 7 in kpa and rpm?
    The tune bubble was also floating in the upper right flashing rapidly.
    I'm afraid powerlogger is bad, would a chip failure do anything weird?
    Not sure I want to continue with powerlogger if it is bad maybe time to upgrade however, I would like to make an informed decision.
    Can chip be default settings be achieved w/o connections to laptop?

4. EricM

The chip doesn't really have control over those things, so my guess is powerlogger. Either the board itself, or the connector maybe has lost tension.

You can reset the defaults using the old "throttle-pump" method and go to that parameter (assuming you have a scanmaster).

How old is the powerlogger? You can send it to me if you want to check it out.

5. typetmkp

typetmkp Member

Attempted to adjust with scan master it would allow me to select parameters number but BLM would not change?
    Printed on board is 2006. So old, Lol.
    Send shipping info. Are you available for a quick call?

6. typetmkp

typetmkp Member

Address to send for testing?
    Do you have replacement in stock with 90deg cable??

7. EricM

TurboTweak
    3567 Purcell Rd.
    Salem, IL 62881

I do have some new replacement boards.

By phone I'm usually available in the evenings after 6pm central.