Pinout Meth Injection Install

Discussion in 'ecu-GN Tech Help' started by Kevin Jones, Feb 11, 2020.

1. Kevin Jones

Kevin Jones Member

I hate piggybacks so I ditched the snow controller and will use tuner studio to set up the pump control. I talked to steve and he and I are looking at which pin out to be ideal for the solid state relay to control the variable speed motor. Work in progress and right now I'm watching some ms3 pro vids about meth injex. If anyone has already done this please chime in. If not this post can serve as a ref for anyone wanting to use the ECU gn in that fashion.

2. EricM

EricM Administrator Staff Member

For pulse width modulation, you can use any of these outputs to control the solid state relay:
    INJ I - goes to canister purge connector
    INJ J - boost solenoid (if not using for that)
    PWM 1 - on the 22 pin green connector pin 19
    PWM 3 - pin D4 at the main ECU header
    High Current 3 - pin 7 on the side terminal strip, also pin C9 at ECU header

I would use a Dorman 902-303 solid state relay.

Bob Bailey is running alky injection using the ecuGN. I'll ask him about his settings.

The relay would be wired like this:

water.PNG

3. EricM

Here is one example of how to set it up. The "valve output" is actually the duty cycle to the pump in this case, and is set to PWM Out 3. That would change depending on what actual output you are using.
    The "pump output" is not actually used in the case of the Buicks typically, as the valve ouput is actually connected to the pump.

waterinj.png

4. Kevin Jones

Kevin Jones Member

Thank you Eric. Relay coming in tmrw will make a small harness from ecu to relay (well its actually only 1 wire), then to the snow pump. Ill set it up and see what we get. Car will never approach 400kpa, we didn't spend the money on the build for that however so I might change the resolution some, maybe 275 n 350 I dunno

5. Kevin Jones

Kevin Jones Member

Dad did some work today, here is which pin he used, I just need your sanity check. Using pin 7

Attached Files:

6. EricM

Yes, pin 7 on the terminal strip will be "high current 3" in the software for the valve output.

7. Kevin Jones

Kevin Jones Member

Were going to set the mechanical to 16psi (1 turn) and control the rest with the table prolly knock it down to 20/25 and I wanna use the diagnostic tool to test this relay and the pump and also change the res on the meth table axis, we will be surely oil painting the ground if we go for 400kpa

8. Kevin Jones

Kevin Jones Member

My motec has a diagnostic where you can put your hand on a relay and use the test and feel it, this looks similar I just don't know how to read which I/O would be the high current 3. Ill figure it out

9. EricM

Here is where you can enable test mode and test high current 3.

test.png

10. Kevin Jones

Kevin Jones Member

Eric, thank you so much for your support, am very glad I purchased this product and this is why I did it. This type of thing doesn't happen in the bike racing industry except for a select few vendors. You will be given as much props both you and Steve as I can whenever I can. And hopefully this thread helps others to get this element of their projects going which was some of my intention on this thread. Again, this doesn't happen in the two wheel racing community.

11. Kevin Jones

Kevin Jones Member

Slight setback, broke 2 rocker arm studs, installed ARPs, hope to be back in the saddle shortly