Issues with new chip

Discussion in 'VeloSyTy Chip Support for Syclone/Typhoon' started by Randy Daugherty, Jul 27, 2019.

1. Randy Daugherty

Randy Daugherty New Member

Just installed new tt chip and 60# injector combo in my TY. Had an old pit bull chip in it before, made 14# boost (has a manual boost controller) and ran well. With the new chip it beaks up over 10# boost. I tried adding more fuel, still breaks up and hesitates. I notice the boost reading on my Scanmaster reads almost half of what my manual gauge says. Manual gauge reads 10psi, my Scanmaster says 5psi. Not good. I installed a Racetronics 3 bar map when I installed the chip and injectors, and the chip is supposed to be for the 3 bar. Is the new MAP bad? Or a tune issue? I verified fuel pressure is rock solid under boost, I cranked up my adjustable regulator to 50 psi with vacuum line off, still hesitates over 10# boost. I have a 340 fuel pump. Thank you!

2. EricM

EricM Administrator Staff Member

Hello,
    Did you change the Scanmaster settings for a 3-bar MAP? (see scanmaster instructions)
    Which Scanmaster is it, the box style or the gauge?

3. Randy Daugherty

It's the box style Scanmaster, not the G. I didn't change settings on Scanmaster, didn't know about that, I'll figure out how to do that. Thanks.

4. EricM

OK, let me know if you need help. Lets start there and see if the boost reading on the SM matches your mechanical gauge.

5. Randy Daugherty

Ok got the Scanmaster set up for the 3 bar, boost reads correctly now, thank you. Still can't make over 10# boost, I saw this morning that the o2 reading dipped down to 850 when I tried to make over 10#. It always stayed at 950-980 with the old set up. Think it's lean. It wasn't with the smaller injectors and the pit bull, weird. I maxed out the manual WOT dial on the chip and cranked up my adjustable regulator and it didn't help. Also I'm getting an off idle hesitation when I first accelerate, never did that before either. Thank you for any guidance.

6. EricM

Might need to see a datalog. I would also try reducing fuel. The low O2 could be from misfiring.
    Also lets confirm I sent you 60's and not 80's. The 80's have a blue tip on the injector, the 60's are all black.
    If you previously had stock injectors, make sure none of the old injector tips got stuck in the manifold.

7. Randy Daugherty

Ok got it figured out. One of the new injectors was faulty. I narrowed the misfire to cylinder number three. Pulled it back apart, and swapped the injector with another one I had here, all good now. Runs great.

8. EricM

Ok, glad you found it. Definitely mail that injector to me and I'll take care of it.