Finally up and running. What do you think?

Discussion in 'All Topics, Chips, and Tech for Buicks' started by Robert Lyons, Mar 11, 2019.

1. Robert Lyons

Robert Lyons Member

After a year of building up parts for a turbo swap (pte bb 6262), fuel system (teflon lines and 450lph pump, 120lb injectors, e85), stage 2 transmission (extreme automatics-awesome), 9" 2800 stall torque converter, and new 6.0 chip I am finally able to hit the road. Besides a few hiccups like a up and down idle when in park the car runs great. I finally get to try to tune this beast to run its best so I recorded two runs to see if anybody can see anything. In the first run (.002) I went from a light cruise to getting in it quite quick. The boost starts at 50 sec into the log. In the second run (.003) I was at a dead stop like I was at a track. I brought the car up to boost and took it down my empty street for about 10 seconds. In this log the launch starts at 47 seconds into the log.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 11, 2019
  2. EricM

EricM Administrator Staff Member

The log shows you are using a 2-bar MAP sensor (which maxes at 14psi). Is that correct? It's difficult to tune without knowing how much boost you're running.

3. Robert Lyons

Robert Lyons Member

Yes I am using a 2bar map. Should I get a 3 bar before asking for opinions? One thing I did have a question on was parameter 1,2, and 3. Should i be concerned with how low these numbers are? Is this the correction factor for these parameters?

Last edited: Mar 11, 2019
  4. EricM

Yes I would. The only thing I can see so far is that its too rich at WOT, which could be from the boost being lower than expected.

5. Robert Lyons

Robert Lyons Member

When you say too rich at wot, which parameter would you be referring to. Am I right to assume that this is in parameter 1 and 2

6. EricM

I am talking about the wideband air/fuel ratio when you are at full throttle, not the user parameters.