Error Codes Question

Discussion in 'Powerlogger for Buick' started by ShaunKris, Aug 1, 2019.

1. ShaunKris

ShaunKris Member

Hi Eric, or anyone that knows for sure. I have a question with regards to the small Calpak chip on the 87 ECM, I wondered if that chip was transferrable from the first generation 84-85 to the second generation 86-87 computer.

2. ShaunKris

ShaunKris Member

I got a code 52 on the Datalogger, I didn’t realize I didn’t have one installed. I do not have one for a 86-87 ECM but I do for an 84 Ecm.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2019
  3. ShaunKris

ShaunKris Member

Hi Eric since I posted this I’ve learned that they are not transferrable and also that I could probably get one from you. I would like that very much.

4. EricM

EricM Administrator Staff Member

Yes the 84 through 87 are all the same.

ShaunKris likes this.
  5. ShaunKris

ShaunKris Member

Thank-you, I used it. Code gone. Right on!

6. ShaunKris

ShaunKris Member

Hi Eric, after a few runs I keep getting code 23 Air Temp Sensor (IAT or ATS) reading too low. Sorry I had to edit and rephrase, How do I interpret a low reading like that so I can adjust the Axis to compensate? Also The PL is reading 212.0 Air Temperature(In 4). No matter the rpm, actual speed, or any other parameter.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2019
  7. EricM

EricM Administrator Staff Member

Did you wire the Axis spark control wire to the airtemp input at the ECM?

You can ignore the In 4 reading. That's only if you have something connected to analog input 4.

ShaunKris likes this.
  8. ShaunKris

ShaunKris Member

I checked the Axis it wasn't quite in all the way. fixed now error code gone. thanks!